Translate

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Holy Guacamole (and chips)

Yesterday was a really stressful day at work.  I had so much to do all at once and I felt like I was struggling to keep my head above water.  I'm looking forward to the weekend and some relaxation!

I picked up my CSA box yesterday and now have a TON of garlic scapes with which to make pesto.  I also got a quart of basil and am excited about that - I love basil.  After picking up my CSA I met my dad for dinner.  I arrived a few minutes early so I went ahead in and got a table.  I told the waiter right off that I was waiting for someone who was joining me...they sat me in the back of the restaurant anyways.  While I was waiting the waiter kept coming over and asking if I was ready to order yet.  It was kinda rude because I already told him I didn't want to order until my "date" arrived.  Long story short, I kept getting funny looks from the rude waiter and felt really uncomfortable, while my dad was already at the restaurant, just seated in a different area.  So we both waited on each other for 15 minutes before we figured out we were both already there.  Whatever.  It was a nice dinner despite the annoying wait staff.

I just have to announce that I am REALLY proud of myself.  I knew we were meeting for Mexican food and I purposefully thought out my meal AND STUCK WITH IT!!  How many chips did I eat??  Nada! None! That basket of chips stayed on the table for 60 minutes without my grubby little fingers touching a single one.  At one point I eyed them thinking "I could just eat one" at which point my strong self kicked in and degraded my weaker will power with a "One? Really? Liar".  Also, I got vegetarian fajitas and only used 2 of the 3 fajita tortillas.  I avoided the sour cream, cheese and beans - I used about 2 Tbsp. of guacamole.  I did reward myself with a light beer, but hey, it's 110 calories and I had a craptastic day.  I kept up the momentum and didn't eat anything after dinner, before bed.  I had another bottle of water and that's it.  I also packed my lunch for today - spincah salad with chicken, cottage cheese and planned out my snack.  I have a meeting at Panera Bread (and I LOVE their bagels) so the plan is to get a whole grain bagel, toasted, and eat only 1/2 of it with some peanut butter.  I'll save the other 1/2 for the next day - or give it to Isabel for breakfast.

I'm am feeling really good about my decisions.  It feels different somehow...I just hope I keep this momentum up and don't lose interest.  The last 2 days I have managed to come in under my calorie allotment - I allot 1600 calories and have only used about 1300-1400 of them.  I'm thinking that I'll go for a walk tonight with a friend and catch up on some gossip.

1 comment:

  1. I adore guacamole... Well done avoiding the chips! -You have a strong will power that is for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete